Pixel du Jour

An ongoing expriment in entertainment.
Games. Movies. Music. TV. Fun.

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

THE AVIATOR

THE AVIATOR: NOW PLAYING EVERYWHERE

Color me impressed. The Aviator was stunning. The movie itself was very good, but I enjoyed Scorsese's direction of it and DiCaprio's acting. There's something I never thought I'd say. Leo's been pretty good, I really liked him in Catch Me If You Can, but he was flat-out amazing in The Aviator. He nails the role, and the disturbing moments are carried on his shoulders with ease.

When the movie flies high you really feel it. The moments where he flies in all these planes are breathtaking. I felt like I was right there with him in the cockpit. The crash scene left my mouth agape. It was stunning and horrific, easily the best plane crash I've ever see in a motion picture.

One warning: make sure you can stomach 3 hours of cinema. Thankfully the movie doesn't drag, not even once, so it flies right by (pun intended).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home