Pixel du Jour

An ongoing expriment in entertainment.
Games. Movies. Music. TV. Fun.

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Why hello there Apple, have you lost weight?

Macworld is the day us Apple aficionados wait for. Today Mr. Jobs showers us with goodies for the year to come. The show was no disappointment this year either. This year, Apple seems to be on the Atkins diet, because all of their products have lost weight.

First and foremost is the new iPod Shuffle, complete with a clever "Life is Random" slogan. I have a 20GB 4th Gen iPod and I want one of these little suckers so badly. I cannot even explain my reasons. I suppose Mr. Jobs has fully brainwashed me by now. I have no logical reasons for wanting a pack of gum that plays music, other than my current desire of a USB flash drive (which I could get much cheaper else ware).

Of course there's also the Mac Mini, the smallest powerful computer I've ever seen. It looks more like it should be carrying my PB&J and thermos full of Kool-Aid than a ton of high tech computer parts. I'd love to have one of these suckers as a media box hooked up to the TV.

iLife '05 is nice, and I'll probably buy it when it comes out. iWork is a bit of a disappointment. I'm all of Keynote and Pages, but I think the package falls sorta flat as an overall productivity suite. It's seriously lacking a spreadsheet application.

The wait for Tiger is becoming downright unbearable. All the new features showed off today blow my mind away. Dashboard is so freakin' cool. Mail is getting a major overhaul, and a much needed one at that.

Congrads to Apple on another successful MacWorld. Here's to another awesome year and the proliferation of the Mac.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home